Frack Free February is a Month of Action in Somerset with public meetings, talks, stalls, workshops, actions and more all raising awareness about the threats to our communities and the bigger picture of extreme energy.
The Frack Free February Month of Action is an opportunity to:
- Systematically raise awareness about fracking & extreme energy to communities at risk in Somerset – we will be distributing 50,000 leaflets across towns & villages in the PEDL licensed areas
- Create a wide variety of opportunities for participation and action to anyone moved by the literature and outreach activities & the thought of fracking taking place locally – see the list of actions below
- To generate momentum for the campaign in 2013 and significantly increase planning application response capacity across the county e.g. starting more local groups, increasing the number of newsletter sign ups and so forth, so that when applications are submitted, we can best respond and support each other across the county.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- Organise a public meeting or event in your town or village – email us & we can support with any aspect, whether that’s graphic design, providing speakers or helping with the costs of hall hire
- Help us doordrop over 50,000 leaflets
- Got skills to share? Offer to lead, or participate in a workshop
- Get postering! Help us get posters up in every local shop in Somerset
- Ask your local groups to sign up to the coalition, we have a target of at least 50 new groups joining the coalition in February
- Help us make this happen – Donate!
For any of the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS TAKING PLACE?
Click here to see an overview of all that is going on in February, click here for that list in chronological order.
DONATE TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN
We have applied for a grant towards cost of this month of action, however we still need to make it happen if not successful as a matter of urgency for the land & communities of Somerset. If you can donate any amount, large or small, towards the cost of the activities above, especially the printing costs which are fundamental to awareness raising, we will be very grateful.